Friday, April 20, 2012

Out with the Old and in with the New Obsessions


This is my first post on my new blog. i have no idea where is going to go but i do have a few hopes for what i get out of it:

1) i am obsessed with reading blogs on decorating and thinking about decorating my home.. obsessed like over the top! so i thought what a great way to record some of my thoughts and also record some of the changes which i make gradually to our house.

2) after working the full-time until my son and daughter were, 4 and 2, respectively, i decided to stay at home with them. this was a wonderful transition and as a complete surprise to most people who knew me as a complete workaholic engineer i love it. BUT, why is there always a but, i do not always get some of the same rewards and recognition which i received at work on a daily or weekly basis. i thought possibly this blog might be a way to get some kind of feedback on my new obsessions: family, kids, my house, DIY projects, sewing (yes i learned to sew, well learned is a bit strong), and last but not least cooking.

3)  And as the title refers to i do feel a tad guilty about the amount of time i obsess about my hobbies so i hope that i can feel less guilty by looking at how productive i am through the eyes of this blog.. well we can hope can't we.. :)

cheers, april

No comments:

Post a Comment